Movement Guidelines and Policy
Issues around conversion can be complicated. The Reform and Conservative movements each have policies and protocols that may be helpful as you work with conversion students.
CCAR Guidelines for Working with Potential Converts
- Guidelines for Rabbis Working with Prospective Gerim
- Resolution on Rabbinic Commitment to Keiruv (June 2001)
- RELIEF AND RESCUE FOR ETHIOPIAN JEWS (1985)
- CHILD ADOPTION ACROSS RELIGIOUS LINES (1959)
- OUTREACH (1978)
- OUTREACH (1979)
Other Materials and Statements
- The Rabbinical Assembly's position (Conservative)
- The Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association Guidelines on Conversion
- The Rabbinical Council of America's Conversion Policy (Orthodox)
- The European Bet Din for the Progressive Communities in the Former Soviet Union and other countries in Eastern and Central Europe in co-operation with the Procedures and Practices concerning Conversion, Matrimonial and Adoption cases, February 1995 revised.
- Rabbi's Manual Questions for Conversion